A quick, easy and affordable solution leading to a beautiful, even skin tone, it’s easy to see why IPL treatments have soared in popularity during recent years. Suitable for both face and body, IPL is used to treat and reduce skin imperfections such sun damage, wrinkles, stretch marks, pigmentation and age spots leaving behind fresh, flawless, rejuvenated skin. Let’s take a look at what IPL is, what a procedure involves and how it can benefit you.
What is IPL?
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. Many people confuse IPL with laser treatments because it looks the same, but IPL is not a laser, it’s a pulse of light, not dissimilar to a camera flash. Without harming the top layer of the skin, the light penetrates through to the second layer, targeting bacteria and pigmentation. The light is absorbed by the melanin, and only damages the targeted lesions. The body will then naturally remove the damaged tissue leaving behind a smoother, clearer skin tone.
What Does an IPL Procedure Involve?
Lasting around half an hour, an IPL procedure is relatively quick and easy. You will wear a protective eye mask during the treatment, and topical gels may be applied on your skin to prevent overheating. You will not undergo any form of anaesthesia. The IPL device is gently pressed onto your skin, intense light from a range of wavelengths is focused on the specific parts of your skin that you are treating. This light helps to spur on the production of collagen, which will help to fill in lines and wrinkles, while also reducing redness, discolouration, and spots. Once completed, you will likely spend a very short recovery period in the clinic and then you can leave and continue with your day.
What Are the Benefits of IPL Treatments?
Known to reverse sun damage, even out facial colour as well as improve skin tone and texture, IPL treatments can:
- Minimize Signs of Aging – IPL stimulates collagen growth which helps improve the skin’s overall texture, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other indicators of aging.
- Reduce Redness – Particularly helpful for sufferers of rosacea or other skins conditions that cause skin redness, IPL creates heat that helps destroy capillaries that contribute to the appearance of rosacea. Over a period of 3-4 weeks, facial redness diminishes, resulting in a natural complexion.
- Reduce Acne Breakouts – IPL is a powerful tool in killing bacteria in your skin and targets sebaceous glans that contribute to breakouts. Results in clinical trials have shown IPL to reduce acne by up to 50%.
- Reduce the Appearance of Scars – IPL helps to significantly reduce the visibility of red and brown discoloration left behind from acne scars or other scars.
- Boost Collagen and Elastin Production – Leading to skin that looks tighter and younger.
Safe, easy and highly effective for treating a wide range of skin conditions, IPL has a relatively affordable cost per treatment and little, if any, need for downtime. A great combination of convenience, accessibility and overall success, there’s little wonder IPL treatments have become the must-have treatment for the beauty conscious all over the world.
Book your IPL treatment with the experienced team at Charisma Skin Studio today. We are committed to providing you with exceptional service and outstanding beauty treatments that will leave you feeling relaxed, happy and confident with your appearance. Contact us today.